I remember the time we were driving home with the family from Pennsylvania to Ohio. About 3:00 o'clock in the morning, my husband became tired of driving so asked me to take over.
Everybody was asleep in the car and I was having a hard time staying away so I began singing every chorus I could think of. Then, when I ran out of choruses, it came to me that I should start counting my blessings.
Going all the way back to my childhood, I started recalling one blessing after another. Some things had totally left my memory but suddenly came back when I started making a mental list.
Well, by the time we got home, I was completely perked up and joyful. I was wide awake and could hardly contain myself and, of course, we got home safely. 😊
Sing along with these lyrics to Count Your Blessings and Remind Me, Dear Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment